Christiana and Mike discuss the first episode of Survivor San Juan del Sur! Also check out the video version on YouTube!
Christiana and Mike are back to discuss the castaways of the upcoming Survivor: San Juan del Sur!
Talking About Survivor is now a Google Hangouts Video podcast!
This is the video version, but have no fear, the audio version will still be available in a separate post!
Note also, that a couple of times, Mike drops out of the call, and the first time, it takes a little while to get him back. Apologies for that, but we do get him back and complete the show. Enjoy!
W100M – 50: Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring – 49: Intolerance: Love’s Struggle Throughout the Ages
Christiana and Mike watch movies number 52 and 51 of the AFI’s Top 100 Movies
This podcast was originally recorded on 13AUG14.
Mike bought a PS4 and we discuss The Last of Us Remastered.
Note: Spoilers present from approximately 25:30 – 46:15.
Then we discuss the final season of True Blood. (Spoilers through Episode 09 of the final Season)
An old recording from back in June 2014!
We talk about:
Game of Thrones (Season 4, Episode 9 had just aired)
Mike is training for the Disney Marathon
Making choices in our leisure time
Christiana’s diet and exercise plan
The Fargo TV Show
Book: Shadow Divers
by Elizabeth Hand.
“Prince of Flowers” was Hand’s first published story. It appeared in Twilight Zone Magazine in 1988, was subsequently reprinted in The Year’s Best Horror and has appeared in various anthologies since then, as well as in her story collection LAST SUMMER AT MARS HILL. “Much of the story is drawn from my own experiences working at theSmithsonian Institution in the 1970s-1980s. I was at the National Air & Space Museum, not the National History Museum, but spent as much time in the latter as I could. In those days, a Smithsonian ID badge allowed you to access all areas — not any more, alas.”
ELIZABETH HAND is the author of numerous award-winning novels and collections of short fiction, as well as a longtime reviewer and critic whose work has appeared in theWashington Post, Los Angeles Times, Salon, and many other publications.
As mentioned by Al, please consider throwing a few bucks to the Bobby Lombardi Fundraiser.
Let me tell you many things about an excellent comic book miniseries called: “The Midas Flesh”
1) It is a completed 8-issue comic book with a weird title.
2) It is about a universe where the story of King Midas is real (Everything he touches turns to gold, and everything that is touching what he’s touching), and then his dead body is exploited as a planet-killing super-weapon by both rebel forces and the authoritarian government in a galaxy-spanning conflict.
3) It is a fascinating physics/engineering thought-experiment about all the different implications and effects of Midas’s power.
4) It is a thoughtful exploration of the ethics of weapons of mass destruction.
5) It has a talking, nerdy, feathered velociraptor who wears a tie and glasses. He is the ship’s engineer, and one of the three primary characters.
6) The nerdy dinosaur has a tragic backstory.
7) The character roster on both sides of the conflict is diverse in race, gender, and species.
8) It has dialogue like: “Aw man, turns out I hate getting lied to by machines created by long-dead jerks!”
9) The story keeps raising the stakes without losing sight of the characters.
10) It has lots of cool spaceship action.
11) I LOVED this comic!
12) Find out more about it at midasflesh.com